Quarantine in Morocco



     


       I can’t believe it’s already 6 months since the year has started , Time really flies. I spent 3 months now at home , literally at home . I don’t know if you know this about me but i’m an introvert and there’s no where I’d rather be than being at home . But the idea of not “allowed” to go out bothers me a lot . 


      I’m Moroccan , so I’m spending quarantine with my family in my home city Meknes and in this post I’m going to give you a glimpse of how I’m spending this quarantine so far . 


      At first , when i knew that we will be on a lockdown for a while , my mind said : yay ! , But then ! I started to feel a little bored and my mood began to change . I’m the type of people who can’t just sit and do nothing during the day but also I was very tired and I needed some time off of everything . Everything seemed so confusing for a while , it was very hard for me to take all of the changes that were happening at the same time . 


      During the first month I was so terrified and worried about my family so i tried to get my mind off of all of that . I made myself busy during the day . So I’ve watched almost all the series I wanted to watch - sounds hilarious - . 


F.R.I.E.N.D.S
F.R.I.E.N.D.S- ©Emy Bel 2020. All Rights Reserved. Do not use without permission.


           The 2nd month , I tried to get myself together and start doing something useful so I took some courses online but I couldn’t finish them .

Learning Javascript - ©Emy Bel 2020. All Rights Reserved. Do not use without permission.


              I was feeling so drained out of energy . I searched for some ways to cheer myself up and motivate myself . At the end of this month , we had a special islamic month that we all fast during the whole month (Ramadan) and it was a good opportunity for me to recharge my soul and have a good daily routine for myself . 


Having quality time with Niro- ©Emy Bel 2020. All Rights Reserved. Do not use without permission.


              So for the 3rd month , I started to find my own way of dealing with all of that and really feel comfortable for the first time in the last 3 months . 


Drinking herbal tea and watching videos on youtube- ©Emy Bel 2020. All Rights Reserved. Do not use without permission.


             Things started to be clear to me , I started to write my morning pages , to be aware of my thoughts and my feelings and it was very amazing . I shut down all the news about corona and I shifted all my energy into something useful . I reconnected with my family - because I sit alone almost all the time - and we started to watch movies together ...


The subtle art of not giving a f**k-©Emy Bel 2020. All Rights Reserved. Do not use without permission.

 

            I started a new hobby - which was always in my wishlist - which is the digital art . It brought me more joy and comfort .




These are some of my artworks , you can see the rest in my instagram account for digital art : @emy_blogger

              And now I’m working on some projects plus learning new programming languages , these last 3 months were so epic and I’ve gone through a lot emotionally and mentally . 


              I really understand how you all feel right now , it’s not easy at all . But please just don’t sit there and feel sad , try to find something that amuses you and stick with it . Try not to waste your time and energy on people or things that will only drain your energy and make you feel worst . 


              If you’re reading this post , I want to tell you that even though I might not know you but you’re really awesome and you deserve the best . 

             I’m curious to know how you’re spending (or how you spent) your quarantine . So let's chat in the comments bellow .

3 comments :

  1. Loved reading it. I am from Pakistan and I am at home for the last six months especially cuz of small kids. So yes, it can be depressing and frustrating. But I am so glad you started developing new hobbies and learning new things. Wish I was not that lazy! Probably with kids, you rarely get time. And the little time I get, I spend on my digital magazine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Wonderful post. Keep going. Vive le Maroc ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great i fall in your blog coincidentally i really like it good job & keep going

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram

Copyright © My life's journey. Made with by OddThemes . Distributed by Weblyb