10 Big Lessons That Learned In 2019






          I took this year off of blogging to figure out what I really want to achieve from this blog , turns out that I want to share my life experiences with others so that I can help them somehow avoid one of my past mistakes or even enjoy my life’s journey with me . 
          This may need so much time and efforts and this year I was so busy dealing with my emotions , studies and daily life challenges and I’ve never sat down to plan for my blog . This year was so full of lessons , challenges and changes .
In this post , I’m going to share with you some lessons I learned this year and how they helped me grow and be a better version of myself . 

1- If you didn’t put yourself first , no one will :

          This is the lesson that I had to learn it the hard way . I’ve always been so generous with others , I thought that if I did put them first they would do the same for me or love me  . It wasn’t how I expected it . After so many fails and disappointments I’m finally convinced that I have to put me first because nobody will love me unless I love myself first . 

2- Don't ignore what you feel :

          I used to try to shut off all my negative thoughts and all of my bad feelings and try not to let it affect me or make me cry sometimes . I was wrong , few researches on the internet I found that when you feel down ,you have to own it , let it be , don’t try to ignore it . because it may hurt you even harder and it may harm you in a way you won’t expect it at all . 

3- it’s okay to say No : 

          As I mentioned before you have to put yourself first and by that I learned how to say No to things that don’t serve me or may hurt me without feeling bad about it . It’s my right to protect myself , my feelings and my whole life . 

4- Why feel bad when someone says something bad about you ?:

           I learned that when you feel offended by others this means two things . One , your personality isn’t strong enough to protect your feelings from any attack . Two , you only get offended by the things that already exist within yourself or exist in you . By time , I developed my own way to deal with such things and I’m no longer feeling offended by anything . 

5- why average ?:

           I always lived and average life , with average people , making average effort , getting average results … Until I said one day , why average when I have the chance to make great effort and get awesome results and meet great people and live wonderful life full of small wins that will have big influence on my whole life . 

6- Don't let them fool you with “forever” : 

          I used to feel hurt every time I saw something like “ Don’t expect them to stay with you forever” I always denied the fact that nobody will last forever . They’re all leaving one day . And each one of them is there with you for a specific mission , they are there somehow to teach you a lesson . Just admit it . Besides , you no matter for how long you stayed alone surely you'll find someone who's going to be ready to be by your side . So what's important is to accept the fact that you'll have someone by your side but they won't last forever . 

7- Nothing is random in this life : 

          I always believed that everything happens for a reason in a specific time , in a specific place , with a specific person . This lesson helped me accept the fact that nothing is bad in my life and I always say it’s just a lesson that I have to learn .

 8- Where do you get your worth from ? : 

          Most of girls in my age think that their worth comes from their appearance . I use to think the same . But then I discover that my worth only comes from my productivity , creativity and how helpful I am to others . That’s why it took me two years to restart writing on my blog because I want to be as helpful as I can through my posts . 

9- It’s okay if people don’t like you  :

           I finally understood that we all are different and each one of us has his one way of visualizing the world and the others . It’s okay if someone doesn’t like me . I learned that people’s opinion or perception of me is none of my business , it’s just their own vision and nothing changes in me . 

10 - It’s okay to make mistakes :

            None of us was born flawless . We grow when we make mistakes and we learn from them. It’s not a shame if you failed , sometimes you need to take a step back so that you can move to steps forward . 

    I hope you enjoyed this post and I’d like to know what are some of the lessons that you learned in 2019 ?  
    If you like this post please don’t forget to share it with your friends .

38 comments :

  1. These are all important lessons to learn. I learned quite a few in 2018 and then more in 2019. I am hoping that 2020 gives me a chance to LIVE after learning all of these hard lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did learn some big, important lessons this year. Thanks for sharing and reminding us of these important points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite one on this is - it's ok to say no! I am so bad at saying no, but it's very empowering to put yourself first for once. Love this inspirational post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the point to not be average. It's within our reach to do the very best we can do, and if we just skate by with average, we are cheating ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you say don't ignore what you feel. I spent too much of 2019 doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! All very good lessons to learn and implement. Especially if you are a blogger or YouTuber, I get nasty/troll comments on occasion, it is easy to feel bad about it, and it is hard at first, but after awhile it gets easier to ignore the haters. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. Very thoughtfully written and well presented. Thanks and all the best

    ReplyDelete
  8. This are great lessons to take on consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't ignore how you feel really got to me! I also learned that this year too. It is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These all hit home for me! I don't put myself first ever, and I really need to learn to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you've opened up with putting yourself first. It's important to be selfish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like I could have written these. They are all things that I struggle with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That takes courage to step away for a year in order to soul-search and assess what matter most and which direction you want your blog to take. I'm glad you were able to do that and now feel like you can approach your blog genuinely in your desire to help others.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing soulful tips to take into the new year. I resonate with all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great life lesson Imane. It's okey to people don't like you. I was so depressed when people don't like me but now I accept all people don't like you even good people has haters.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all amazing tips! There is nothing like a bit of time for self reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There’s nothing like a bit of time for self reflection:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great lessons for 2019. I really resonate a lot with 'Don't ignore what you feel' as I also had that as one of the lessons for 2019. Keep it up and I look forward to your journey on 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Every piece here is worth appreciating. Life has many lessons to teach us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally agree with you! This year, I also learned a value lesson that it's okay to say no. Yes, we have to sort out our priorities and put ourselves first.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for sharing this! It's really important that we not forget the lessons we learn as we go through.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tiffany La Forge-GrauDecember 31, 2019 at 9:11 PM

    I have really learned to get over what others think of me. if people want to be miserable, then it is on them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think the life lesson I need to learn is to love myself more. I am working on it, but since family responsibilities take up most of my time, I do not have much left in the day to spend on myself. This 2020, I am going to assert myself to my family that they should give me some quiet time I can spend alone and undisturbed.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are all very important lessons. I will definitely apply these to my attitude in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  25. very well written and good things to learn from your experiences of last year

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very great life lessons. Happy to hear that you've learned all of these the past year. Kudos to you

    ReplyDelete
  27. Definitely going to start saying no more! It's exhausting to say yes all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is something very mindful. Love these.

    ReplyDelete
  29. A description of your life in viewing this world and how to respond circumstance around you.. nice story..

    ReplyDelete
  30. I learned a lot of the same things but I think the biggest was how to say no. I am still working on that one though because I tend to say yes when I should say no.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Many more of us need to learn our worth and put ourselves first.

    ReplyDelete
  32. It’s okay if people don’t like you I agree because I believe that no man's perfect and every people have a different flaws of their lives! great points here!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I totally agree with you, I was avoiding my feelings before and it did hurt so much. However, I don't do that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love these lessons because they hit home for me as well. I had a hard time in 2019 because I thought I had to be loved by my castmates (I was in a play) as well as coworkers. I always put others before me and not others. Or, if I try to put myself before others, others would just trample on me.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you for sharing for these lessons with us. Wishing you plenty success in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Don't let them fool you with “forever” what i learned from 2019. love your article. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think mistakes can be great learning opportunities!

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram

Copyright © My life's journey. Made with by OddThemes . Distributed by Weblyb