20 Lessons To Learn In Your Twenties





        During this whole 20 years I've learned so much and i've changed a lot . To be honest , it wasn't easy for me to find a comfort zone and be in a good of state of mind . But , it's worth it because at the age of 21 i learned so many lessons that will help me to live my life in a way that i feel like myself.
        So, in this post i'm going to share with you 20 lessons to learn in your twenties "based on my life experiences" :

1- Always be neutral :

        i learned to treat people for who they are not for how i want them to be . It was very weird for me to adopt this way of thinking because i lived my childhood in an environment where people do judge others just because they are different but eventually i did it . and i'm so proud of myself for taking my own decision to change the way i think and to be always a better version of myself .

2- People are not something you can own : 

       In a society like mine . For men , getting married to a woman is owning her and it's such a shame to think this way . getting married to someone means accepting the fact that you're going to share many things with someone who won't be a stranger for you anymore , a human being who breaths , feels and thinks as you do and they are not a tool to fulfill your needs with or someone to beat when you're mad . I took this as a small example , but this lesson can be applied on whatever case you can imagine . But what's important : People are not something you can own.

3- We don't always get what we want : 

       I learned to say it's okay if I didn't get what I want .because life is full of challenges and I have to be strong and patient enough to live my life right .

4- Learn to say No :

       I was one of those who used to say yes to everything just because I'm not brave enough to defend my opinion and my life choices and I've lost a lot of good things in my life just because I wasn't ready to say no to anything hurts me .

5- Care about yourself first : 

       It's not selfishness but it's setting myself in my priorities , so instead of putting others first , I put myself first because no one will do . 

6- It's okay not to feel okay :

       This year was very hard for me to feel emotionally stable , it took me months to accept the fact that not feeling okay sometimes is healthy for me . struggles , pain and guilt are negative but there are times when we feel down for no reason , and we have to learn to cope with these feelings and not letting them break us .

7- You're not your mistakes : 

      "Nobody is perfect" I learned a lot from it . we all make small or huge mistakes . but I don't let them define me . they are part of my life but not me . learning from mistakes helps prevent yourself from making similar ones , make you stronger and wiser

8- It's okay to ask for help : 

      Lot of people feel too shy to speak up and tell what's wrong inside them . they feel ashamed to ask people's help , it can be your friend , family member or even a stranger can help . just move and search for who can give you a helping hand . 

9- Nothing is for free :

      They say "no pain , no gain" and it's true . I wouldn't be the way I am now if I didn't suffer many nights alone overthinking about a way to get myself out of depression and negative feelings . I struggled alone but finally I did it . I finally found a way to make myself more productive and emotionally stable . 

10- You don't know everything : 

     One of the biggest mistakes is to think that you're always right and you know everything . We will never know everything .This is the effective way to start building a strong personality and start accumulating knowledge.

11- To be alone isn't always bad : 

      In 2016 , I had to move to another city to continue my studies and I had to live alone . it was so hard at the beginning and I used to be afraid of sleeping alone in an empty house . After a while I decided to be patient and enjoy being alone . and I found out that it's fun to live alone .

12- Not all "your friends" are your friends:

      I learned to be careful when it comes to "friends " because most of them are not real ones . Some wants to use you , some to make jokes on you and others are just wait you to fall And I met them all .

13- Keep yourself busy :

      During the process of healing myself , I found out that I need to keep myself busy almost all the time and It really works for me so that i don't think too much about problems and feel afraid of failure .

14- No one will last forever :

      No matter how long a relationship lasts , there will be an ending to it . If you believe in it , you will never be shocked if somebody leaves you . 

15- The power of now:

      My whole life depends on what I do now . my past was a present moment and my future is a present moment too . so, if you knew the power of Now , you'll be one of the successful people in the world .

16- Time heals everything:

      Time will heal everything you've gone through . just give yourself some time to forget everything bad in your life . and learn how to forgive yourself and accept it as it is .

17- It's okay if you're not in a relationship with someone :

     It's really funny to find some people dying to be in a relationship even if it could be toxic . We all should take it easy on ourselves . it's okay if you don't have a boyfriend or a girlfriend . 

18- What's wrong with being selfish sometimes :

     We survive because we are selfish sometimes . selfishness isn't that bad . because no one will care about you if you didn't do and being selfish is sometimes the only way to be comfortable and happy. 

19- set priorities and limits: 

     When you set your priorities, you start choosing the right path to follow in your life . and when you set people's limits you protect yourself from being embarrassed and attacked . because the more you're close to people the more they hurt you . so, you have to choose a safe distance between you and them.

20- never underestimate the little things : 

      Sometimes small details that may seem useless can change your whole life . I learned so many lessons in my life from small things , I learned to pay attention to small details everywhere . it's really calming . just try to notice small things in your surrounding and you'll see their positive effects on you . 


     I hope you find these lessons helpful for you and i'm curious to know what lessons you've learned so far . let me know in the comments below . I post every two weeks , so if you want to receive my new posts via email please subscribe to my blog or follow me on social media so that you keep in touch with me and see my stories , pictures and more . 

Share and share! Much love ❤

13 comments :

  1. Hey! These were some great lessons you shared. Will surely apply these in my own life. Awesome work 😃😃

    My website: indianwrines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also in my mid-twenties. And to be honest, I agree with most of your life lessons. There is so much truth in some of those. I just have a different vision on your first lesson. I get it why you want to be neutral. But being neutral all the time is not you. Eventually you will lose yourself in it. It's better to stand up for your beliefs. You don't have to be likes by everyone. If you like yourself, that's more then enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's right 😊 . but i talked about about being neutral when it comes to dealing with people

      Delete
  3. Excellent lessons and things that every 20-something should remember!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing good articles high-program.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great advice. I think our blogs have a similar style :) You're just much younger than me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The titles that you have given to your posts are so true. I can relate to them well even though I'm older and in a totally different environment. But I think the more closely you experience life the better you can understand it and learn from it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome blog, Such a very beautiful post, thanks for sharing with us. Contact us for E-commerce Website Design Company in India

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life in your 20s is one weird, wild emotional roller coaster. You're finding your first job, getting your first promotion, meeting new friends, and losing old ones. Everything is constantly changing, but don't get stuck feeling like everything is one mistake away from falling apart; the chaos of early adulthood is totally normal. Start being happy by accepting who you are and stop comparing yourself to others. Make yourself a priority and learn learn to say No. There are plenty others and you've made a great list here with awesome explanations. Thanks, writer for taking the time out to share this knowledge with us, and I just bookmarked this post to share with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent publish, very informative. I ponder why the opposite experts of this sector don’t realize this. You should continue your writing. I’m confident, you have got a great readers’ base already!

    https://mstwotoes.com/foumovies-foumovies-2019-movies-foumovies-download/
    https://mstwotoes.com/02tvseries/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for this update> Someone like me in my twenties needs it.

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram

Copyright © My life's journey. Made with by OddThemes . Distributed by Weblyb